Home > Daily Progress Report > Day 545 – End Of October Totals

Day 545 – End Of October Totals

November 1st, 2010

Gordon Pinsent quoting from the book Justin Bieber released about his life, lol..

Well, as some of you know, it seems that near the end of October, Google made an algorithm change which totally changed the rankings of many people’s sites…

For some, it was for the better, for a lot, it was for the worse.

I personally have noticed 3 of my top sites disappeared from the 1st page of Google…this resulted in a drop in income..  Up until Oct 24th, my main adsense account had an average intake of $110/day.  From the 25th to the 31st though, it’s only been an average of $79/day.

My other adsense account also took a hit on the 28th, going from $18/day to $6/day..

It seems as if my main adsense account is doing a bit better today, the day’s not over yet (6 more hours left) and it’s sitting at $84 so far…but it’s just due to some of my other sites picking up the slack for the 3 top sites that were lost.  You see, I have about 10 or more sites that perform well, but they don’t always perform great every single day…so it’s just some of those other sites that weren’t hit, making up for the 3 sites that I lost, for today…

I’m sure I’ve lost a lot more top page rankings for my sites, but I haven’t analyzed past my top few sites…

And who knows why they knocked some sites back while others remained fine.  I saw someone post they thought it might be the backlinks, but I have sites that I backlinked identically to the ones that got thrown off page 1 and yet they are still up on page 1 :/…so who knows.  But something on the sites that lost their ranking triggered this, whether it’s related to the theme of the site, the content, the backlinks, or maybe it’s a combination of factors.

Anyway, the only answer is to keep on backlinking via a variety of different methods and hope that in time they return.  Sites that are thrown back in ranking, as long as they’re not de-indexed, CAN return, only thing you can do is just work on your backlinks.  Thing is, you’ll never know when Google decides to bring it back to page 1, so just focus on backlinking up a bunch of your sites and don’t hold your breath for anything returning in “X” amount of time.

Adsense High

One thing of note that happened on the 19th of October was that I saw a nice adsense high on my main account of $160.07 and a grand total of $177.98 overall.  I believe this is an adsense high for me and it happened right after I updated some of my top earners with new content.  I’m guessing that somehow raised the rankings of these sites which lead to more traffic and thus more money…

The following day I made $142.23 on my main and $152 total… but then following that, I was back down to $92.95, so it seems like that was short lived.

Clickbank

Unfortunately Clickbank seems to have taken a beating this month!  I went *8* full days (Oct 14th – 21st) without making a single sale!  I’ve never had so many days go by without a sale in forever!

I do know that the drop in hops was part of the problem.  I had only 3,595 hops in October and from that made $392.27 Gross….September I had 4,903 hops and $627.45 Gross.  Comparing again, August I had 7,095 hops and $896.09…

I can’t say that it’s only because of the hops though because back in February, off of 4,391 hops I made $1,317.91…It could be the products or it could be that I’m not getting hops for the good converting keyword domains anymore.

Here’s a look at what it’s been like the last while:

October Totals

OK, here are the totals:

Adsense Total = $3,711.38 (An adsense high for me! My highest before this was $3,563.67 in March..October’s total is up $389.69 from $3,321.69 last month.)

CB Hops = 3,595 (Last Month = 4,903)
CB = $392.27 GROSS
CB = 21 sales/0 refunds
CB = $392.27 NET
9 UAW Sales = $214.40
1 BLS Sale = $29.10
EBay = $15.10 CAN = $14.90 US

Grand Total = $4,362.05

-Mike

Mail this postStumbleUpon It!
Author: Categories: Daily Progress Report Tags:
  1. All is well
    November 1st, 2010 at 23:18 | #1

Really impressive. You are doing great in your internet business. I also had great adsense month only $50 without backliks. Now i am building backlinks to all the posts and again starting few bigs and small sites. This I will be surely double my income for next six month.

2. Darren
    November 2nd, 2010 at 00:49 | #2

Weird. I heard of sites disappearing for a week or two then popping right back up. How many pages did each of the 3 sites have?

Adsense also sent out a message that they auto analyzed my account and the sites on it, then gave recommendations only to sites with 30+ pages. Call me paranoid but when I see stuff like that I wonder if that group and the serps group are talking.

Hope things work out for you. This site is great.

3. Tony
    November 2nd, 2010 at 01:59 | #3

glad to see you’re doing well…didn’t seem to affect you so hard as it did me…3/4 poof in thin air for me..keep up the great work bro

4. leon
    November 2nd, 2010 at 12:20 | #4

It affect me badly too. Losing 90% of income. Time to start the engine though. Good post Mike! At least, I know what to expect from the earnings. Thx!

5. Mikeman
    November 2nd, 2010 at 13:04 | #5

@All is well

Tnx man. Backlinking + time = $$

@Darren

Hey Darren, ya, I’ve had that happen too…sometimes they can disappear only for a short time, other times I’ve heard them gone for 5-6 months.

The 3 sites had 5 pages/10 pages/10 pages to them. The funny thing is, for the site that had 5 pages, I had 22 more pages ALREADY outsourced that I just haven’t bothered putting up…And for one of the other sites, I had another 13 pages :/

I don’t know if that would have made a difference had I put those up as they were done though…

I’m not sure what msg adsense sent you, but I know they send you optimization msgs on pretty much just your top earners. Your top earners probably just happen to have 30+ pages each.

@Tony

Thanks man

@leon

Hey Leon, ya, looks like a lot of us were hit in a bad way…

I noticed that I saw the biggest drop in earnings on my 2nd adsense acct which I had done the least backlinking for…A lot more of those sites of mine also had only 5-6 pages… At this point that acct seems like it is cut down to 33% of what it usually earns. So my guess is those two factors played a big part in this.

6. Darren
    November 2nd, 2010 at 14:41 | #6

That’s the thing. I have two sites, one with 10 pages and one with 30+, the 10 pager makes a few dollars more than the 30+ one; yet the messages was about the 30 pager.

Don’t worry about it, I had a few sites that wouldn’t index even with a bunch of solid links and as soon as I added 5 or so more articles – they popped up to page one.

After May-Day G made their intentions very clear, so more quality content is more important now it seems. They maybe just chipping away at thin sites in waves (May, Oct).

Here’s a question for you: How did you deal with all the extra time? I was reading that one need that is filled by going to work is connection with others, once that’s gone there is a void. How did you deal with this problem? Or did you not have any issue with all the extra alone time?

7. Mikeman
    November 2nd, 2010 at 18:06 | #7

@Darren

I know that having 30+ pages isn’t enough as there are those who have been de-indexed with 30-50 pages…I’m guessing if the site looks ‘spammy’ in any way to them, it’s tossed.

Ya, hopefully they pop back up to page 1…I added some content to 2 of the sites so far..

As far as the extra time, that’s a high quality problem :> I try not to take for granted that I finally have the free time to do what I want with…

But I never noticed any void personally, I’m always talking to people throughout the day..and when you’re free of a job, you can go out/do anything you want to do.

I certainly don’t miss being stuck in a cubicle most of the day, or the office politics.

8. leon
    November 3rd, 2010 at 00:35 | #8

@Mike. Most of my sites has 3-4 pages too and I only use UAW for backlinking. I think it is a must to diversified the backlink, which I was lazy. However, I believe big G might be adjusting something to their system, that’s why it broke.

P/S: I hate cubicle life and office politics too! Cheers!

9. Leandro
    November 3rd, 2010 at 06:07 | #9

Hi Mike,
    Let me ask you a question that I didn´t find in your posts..
    When you start a sniper adsense site, lets say you did a keyword research and you got:
    main keyword: 2000 exact searches
    LSI keyword 1: 500 exact searches
    LSI keyword 2: 500 exact searches
    LSI keyword 3: 500 exact searches
    LSI keyword 4: 500 exact searches

How many visits do you expect from that amount per month?
    Is it good 500 exact seaches per month for a LSI keyword or do you go with LSI with more seaches?

Thanks

10. November 3rd, 2010 at 07:02 | #10

Dude, right on, mane!

Congrats, Mike, on the AdSense high – you rock this joint. I do have a question, though –

you don’t miss the cubicle??

11. Wix
    November 3rd, 2010 at 19:21 | #11

Congrats mate! Nice progress and new high!

I’ve doing my homework and things are starting to look good.

I have a question tough: I’m about to upgrade my hostgator plan to a resseler’s account. Do you have one cpanel for each new domain or do you create one new domain and then use the “Addon Domains” to add other some domains, maybe 20 or so?

thanks and congrats again!

12. Mikeman
    November 3rd, 2010 at 21:08 | #12

@Leandro

It’s hard to say how many visits you’ll get from that, it all depends on whether the site ends up ranking well for the main term..

Also, I don’t plan on getting any traffic from the inner pages..on all my sites, the vast, VAST majority, 80%+ is from the main page.

Also, those numbers are never 100% accurate, so the only way to find out what the # of visits really is, is to get your site up on page 1 and see what happens.

For my inner pages, I do go as low as 500 exact too..

@JamestheJust on Elance

Hey James, thanks man…cubicles are only good for tossing paper planes over!

@Wix

Hey Wix, thanks man.. Well, when you have a reseller account and you log into it, you have a dropdown menu from which you can select any of the other domains and then go to those individual cpanels….There are no add-on domains with a reseller account. When you want to add a new domain, the domains are not linked to the master domain.

What you have to do is go to Web Host Manager, click on “create a new account”, fill in the domain name, user name, password, package(determines how much space/bandwidth to alot) and click the create button.

Then, when you login to Cpanel, you will find it there from the dropdown.

13. November 4th, 2010 at 03:34 | #13

Is the main benefit for a reseller:

1) For SEO purposes (assuming you’re on separate C-Class IPs) – you can then backlink to one another?

2) A bandwidth issue?

3) Security – so you don’t get your whole business shut down if GOogl3 has bad gas that day?

Or…all that? You answered the question back in May…But I can’t recall what the big, hairy deal was. I’m thinking it’s #3, self-protection. (Not trying to play games, I really can’t remember the reason you opted for that.)

14. November 4th, 2010 at 13:35 | #14

It is certainly good to see that your sites are still bringing in a decent amount of income!

15. Mikeman
    November 5th, 2010 at 07:18 | #15

@JamestheJust on Elance

I got reseller accounts as I remember reading that Andrew Hansen had recommended them if you’re setting up a large blog empire. Just based on that, with no other understanding I got it…It’s easier to manage all your sites through one…it also allows me to quickly check my accounts with Domain Dashboard, which doesn’t work with a shared account.

Some have said that you have a greater chance of being suspended on a shared account for using too many system resources, while Hosting Companies like Host Gator will probably tell you they hold both hosting accounts in the same regard, so who knows…

For security, the better way would be to get a bunch of C class IP’s, but that is really expensive.

@Dustin

Hey Dustin, thanks man :>

16. November 7th, 2010 at 16:58 | #16

@Mike

It’s very very strange this algorithm. Like my adsense dropped from $130 avgto $105-110. I have no idea what triggers this also. Some of my sites stayed some dropped. I thought this was due to backlinking. I just added inner pages to a lot of my sites and backlinked to the tld AND inner pages with profile nuking. So i ASSUMED i woulda made like extra $30-50 if not more per day if those inner pages rank only to be disappointed to see most of my sites NOT ranking.

So again i hope people figure out what it is. For mayday it seemed like sites with lack of content were moved down although a lot of my sites are more authorative now that i added content + videos from youtube. So I might just hold off on backlinking this month and see if stuff settles by the end of the month like mayday did. Then if not ill go back and do some article marketing etc.

17. November 8th, 2010 at 03:35 | #17

@Mikeman
    Thanks, Mike – sorry I missed your response. That makes sense, definitely.

18. Jack
    November 8th, 2010 at 14:19 | #18

Hi,

is anyone here still using Human Rewriter? Is that service still working?

Thanks for response,

-Jack

19. Mikeman
    November 8th, 2010 at 16:12 | #19

@mrseotools blog

Ya, that sucks….

My main adsense account seems to be doing a bit better now despite the algo change..I’m sitting at around $100/day there..my 2nd acct with newer, less developed domains w/less backlinking suffered a bit more, it’s down to $8/day from around $20/day.

Can’t really do much except keep working on / backlinking up your sites…BTW sometimes the backlinking kicks in right away, other times it takes a few months. The other thing to try would be other backlinking methods..

@JamestheJust on Elance

np James

20. Lucifero
    November 8th, 2010 at 21:10 | #20

congrats for ur success Mike…..really impressive results…surely ur 3 top sites will rerank as soon as possible…good luck 4 all and 4 ur new account ;-).Frank

21. Mikeman
    November 8th, 2010 at 21:31 | #21

@Lucifero

Thanks Frank :>

22. Jack
    November 9th, 2010 at 14:15 | #22

Hello,

sorry for repeating myself, but I would really appreciate an answer. Is anyone here still using Human Rewriter? I heard they had (or still have) problems with paying their affiliates…

I’m interested in using their rewriting service if it’s still working…

-Jack

23. November 9th, 2010 at 22:04 | #23

@Jack
    Jack –

Why don’t you just try them? It’s not like they’re expensive. You might also try looking on Fivver – I’m sure you’ll see similar results, 2 rewrites for $5, no affiliate problems, etc.

When I used them months ago they were fine, since Mike’s had prob’s getting paid, I don’t use them, but that’s out of respect for Mike, not because HR had issues (I can’t recall if you mentioned any prob’s, Mike).

24. November 10th, 2010 at 06:25 | #24

Hi Mike,

Congrats on the increased earnings, I’m sure the slight ‘blip’ in your rankings will sort itself out, it always does!

Quick question, when you add content to your sites, do you drip feed it out or do you add them all at once? If so, what kind of rate do you publish the articles at?

Secondly, when you pick your anchor text for your main keyword, how relevant are the 6-8 keywords that you pick? For example if it is a 3 keyword phrase term, does it have to have 2 terms or one? I’m currently using the Wonder Wheel, ‘Related Terms’ and also the AdWords tool to get some relevant terms, is this sufficient or overkill?

Love the updates you’re an inspiration.
    Zaheer

25. November 10th, 2010 at 18:08 | #25

Miguel –

(Sorry, just had a burrito) – when you do your BMD runs, about how many sites do you run through? Just wondering since I’m about to fire it up again and don’t want to get banned.

26. Mikeman
    November 12th, 2010 at 17:07 | #26

@Jack

Hey Jack, I guessed you wanted input from other ppl here so I didn’t answer.. But there is one guy who posted about what happened to him over here: http://mikeiser.com/human-rewriter-not-paying-affiliates#comment-8748

Like James said, you could try them out and see for yourself. I’d be wary of placing too much money in a company that is not paying their affiliates though.

@Zaheer

Hey Zaheer, thanks man..

Back when I put up 5 page sites, I would post 3 pages right away and post the other 2 over the course of the next few days…These days when I’m adding new pages to existing sites, I don’t bother queuing up posts though, I just post it all up at once.

And when I’m coming up with my inner page keywords, I just make use of the Google Keyword Research Tool and find all the related keywords there on that page.. Sometimes I take keywords from there that seem to have a lot of searches, and then do a search on *that* keyword to find even more options.

I don’t worry too much about picking the optimal inner pages though since the majority of the income I get ends up coming from the main page…

I’m not sure if this was an answer to your question as you mentioned 6-8 keywords, I was assuming you meant inner page keywords..

As far as how many words the keyword should be, I don’t analyze to that extent for inner keywords, there are many 2 word keywords that are just as easy to rank for as 3 word keywords.

@JamestheJust on Elance

lol hey…I never worried about how many Bookmarking sites I submitted to via Bookmarking Demon…I’d just let it go to all of the ones I was able to successfully sign up with.

As far as the individual bookmarking sites banning you…I don’t worry about it. I created at least 2-3 accounts at each site..if some of those accounts go bad, so be it, I don’t worry about what I don’t have control over.

27. November 12th, 2010 at 21:44 | #27

Thanks, man – I just fired it back up. I’ve actually had some luck using the scraped free proxies at hxxp://HideMyAss.com – there’s a health meter there and everything.

BMD is *awesome* and I’d forgotten about it for a while (I didn’t have an anti-virus and downloaded a really nasty Trojan when I first used it). Anyhow, BMD allows you to use their proxy tester and all – sweet – so I just copy/paste the free proxies and it rotates nicely.

Thanks for the help, I was over thinking that part.

28. calfred
    November 12th, 2010 at 23:11 | #28

Yo guys,

Do you know of a tool/script/program that can calculate the average PR of the top 10 results for multiple keywords?

29. calfred
    November 14th, 2010 at 08:19 | #29

Nevermind about the script.

Have you guys hired programmers to develop custom scripts?

How much did you pay your programmer for one “simple” custom script?

30. Lucifero
    November 14th, 2010 at 13:54 | #30

Hi Mike,
    listen have u noticed a drop in earnings due to the new magnifying glass tool on the serp? tnx in advance and good earning buddy!!!!

31. November 15th, 2010 at 03:02 | #31

@calfred
    Hm…why don’t you just use Market Samurai or a similar tool? Or is it that you want the multiple results?

Try a uBot and make it. Then sell it. It’s the next big thing, seriously.

32. calfred
    November 16th, 2010 at 15:04 | #32

@JamestheJust on Elance
    Aite. Thanks James.

Speaking of proxies… this thread seems to be full of it.

hxxp://www.blackhatteam.com/f120/

33. Wix
    November 16th, 2010 at 20:44 | #33

Mike,

I’ve learned by reading your website to not micro manage. I’ve been just pumping out websites, setting url channel in adsense, rinsing and repeating.

I do check from time to time, but not that often since I believe that hinders my progress. One thing I’ve noticed though, is that some websites keeps coming and going from google ranks while others have already been stabilished and haven’t moved much since then.

Do you notice something like that as well? Well, I believe with the amount of websites you have you don’t really check that.

I’m just curious because my earnings are becoming more and more stable but they differ from which websites they are coming from week to week since google keeps “dancing” with my websites. If they were all already stabilished, I would’ve probably been earning more.

So, shoud I just let it go and continue creating/backlinking/etc because that is normal?

I’ve seen it already with some websites, they showed up in the serps, then they were gone, then they came back .. so I’m not really worried since it seems normal …

Cheers

34. Christopher
    November 17th, 2010 at 08:27 | #34

At what point do you give up on a site and move onto another one? I feel like I’ve been trying to rank a lot of sites, but they’re not really moving up from the 40-80 range…

It’s downright depressing.

35. November 18th, 2010 at 09:01 | #35

@Christopher
    Re: not ranking well – I’m not sure how you feel about your on-page SEO, but I’d look into it.

I’ve been using SEOPressor by Daniel Tan. It’s a WP plugin that uses his checklist for SEO and it does some text decoration to make your KW’s stand out (italicizes, bolds, randomly).

It doesn’t sound like much, but WOW. That really helped me to see why some of my older sites were really languishing in the SERPs. Horrid SEO – so I made some changes, added the KW’s here and there…

I did this on a site that was on page 6 (68) in G…after tweaking – not backlinking since I was testing it – that thing jumped up to #30!

It will take backlinks to get it going up again, but I’m telling you, on-page is ground 0. Especially when a site seems stuck – use something to analyze your on-page factors.

I’ve also been using SEOPowersuite for that (there are other tools to use, some free like WebSEOAnalytics dot com – a website that analyzes on-page factors and a ton of data)…

I’m rambling. Sorry, bed time. The point is, I’d recommend you check out your on-page factors using software of some sort. You might be surprised.

Best of luck.

36. All is well
    November 20th, 2010 at 22:56 | #36

@JamestheJust on Elance
    Yes man on page optimization is also important factor. more relative the content higher it will rank easily.

37. Zack
    December 1st, 2010 at 23:33 | #37

It’s December now! Can’t wait for the new update Mike!!!!

38. All is well
    December 2nd, 2010 at 21:47 | #38

me too. I also progressed good this month.

39. Tyler
    December 2nd, 2010 at 22:30 | #39

come back to us mike!

40. Zack
    December 5th, 2010 at 14:28 | #40

Wow.. still no update? I hope everything’s ok…. a bit worried for you man

41. December 5th, 2010 at 22:19 | #41

Mike – hope you’re well. I’m making a bet that he’s shopping for Christmas lights for the pad. Or some fine Canadian hot cocoa. Maple flavored.

OR just enjoying the loot, shopping for some new duds. OR he’s in a massive hockey riot.

He IS in Canada. Just sayin. But seriously: I think he’s enjoying life a bit (just a guess, and hoping it ain’t bad news).

42. Mikeman
    December 7th, 2010 at 16:56 | #42

@Lucifero

Hey man, I haven’t noticed any changes due to that magnifying glass…the biggest change I’ve seen as of late was due to the Google update a few months back.

@Wix

Nice…

Well, I don’t really pay attention to my rankings much, you’re right…If I was doing a good deal of backlinking I’d be paying more attention to that stuff and probably notice any movement then.

Even older, more established sites can dance around though due to backlink building, no sites are immune, although they tend to recover faster..

I wouldn’t worry on my sites fluctuating on a day to day basis, that will drive you crazy..At the most look at things on a weekly basis. Don’t worry about the dancing, it’s part of the game…just focus on adding pages and building backlinks to your best sites.

@Christopher

Hey Chris,

Well, that’s the problem…you shouldn’t be building sites, backlinking them and waiting around for them to bear fruit.

You’ve gotta have a system, an assembly line setup…Where say you pump out 50 sites, backlink them all with maybe an Ezine article & UAW run, then once you’ve done all that work, assess which one’s worked out and which didn’t.

You should never be sitting on any website(s).

Once you find out which one’s did well, focus more on those by continuing to apply your keyword selection system + backlinking system, and again, only re-assess after you’ve played out this system for a good amount of pages.

Another thing could be that you’re having trouble ranking your sites because you didn’t pick good keywords, or you didn’t do enough backlinking.

I went over in my Read Me about picking good keywords..that’s also something that will come to you with practice + through analyzing your successes and failures, seeing which keywords worked out and which didn’t.

@Zack

@Tyler

@JamestheJust on Elance

Hey Tyler, Zack, James, ya…there’s a reason I haven’t updated..

I know some people won’t like this, but I don’t see much of a point doing monthly updates showing my income when I’m not even 100% focused on doing tasks which are geared towards growing my income further.

I haven’t been sitting on my ass, but I’ve been taking a much more relaxed approach to my business. I’m adding outsourced content to my sites occasionally and changing the format/theme of some sites but still haven’t started up any serious backlinking effort.

Also, to be honest, this site has taken a bit of a backseat for me in terms of my priorities as I’m just focusing on other things in life at the moment (other hobbies, interests, relationships etc..).

So ya, I haven’t been going all out on the business, although lately I have been looking into various backlinking methods and probably will start doing some backlinking soon…However I don’t think I’ll be doing another update unless I have some notable change to report on.

I’ll still approve posts and drop by here now and then though …

-Mike

43. December 7th, 2010 at 20:02 | #43

No worries here about your incognito approach – and if you’re focusing on the finer things of life (like enjoying it, maybe?) more power to you – that IS the point.

What you’ve written so far is a compendium of how to make AdSense sites that rock, and you went all Adam Smith and assembly lined it. All that to say, your work here is done – and you owe nobody anything at this point in terms of keeping the site up.

Even Ben and Grizz take it easy – and why not? You didn’t work this hard to have another job. Enjoy it, and Merry Christmas – glad you’re well!

And THANKS for helping us all out. I remember when I first started out, this was the place I’d go for all my questions, and you were generous enough to answer them all.

Hat’s off to you, Mike.

44. Mikeman
    December 7th, 2010 at 20:51 | #44

@JamestheJust

Hey thanks James, I appreciate that man.. Merry Christmas :>

45. All is well
    December 8th, 2010 at 11:20 | #45

Life is more important than money. I guess you did well in this site regarding updates.

46. Wix
    December 8th, 2010 at 15:03 | #46

Hi Mike,

glad all is well with you.

Quick question though: when adding pages and content to your websites, do ou put the links in the right panel(or left panel, it doesn’t really matter which panel since it will be showing on all pages) or do you make like I’ve seen in many sites, create a “Other Posts” link in your main page and inside this page have all sub-links to these different articles thus keeping the maing page quite clean and with fewer links (a bit like Xfactor show in his videos)?

If you do add to your right panel so that they show in every sngle page, doesn’t it get too clustered and also reduce CTR (since now there are many links to click around)?

Merry Christmas!

47. Mikeman
    December 9th, 2010 at 13:51 | #47

@Wix

Ya you can add some links to the sidebars, doesn’t matter which panel you put the links on…

You can also add the links to all your pages at the bottom of one of your articles as John explained in his book.

I wouldn’t be concerned about keeping the front page ‘clean’ with a concern over CTR, you should be more concerned with making your site look like it has a lot of helpful information/content on it at first glance so your site is not pegged as another spammy 1-5 page mini site. If that results in a slight reduction in CTR, so be it…but I haven’t noticed any major changes in CTR from doing that.

48. December 11th, 2010 at 13:46 | #48

@Mikeman
    I was just coming to ask why you have not updated, but it looks like you have already answered the question 🙁

I will still keep looking for an update!

Merry Christmas!

49. Darren
    December 12th, 2010 at 00:16 | #49

Good to hear you are taking time to enjoy life.

Did those 3 sites pop back up in the serps yet?

50. Mikeman
    December 13th, 2010 at 15:04 | #50

@Kelly

Merry X-Mas Kelly :>

@Darren

Well, one of the sites did come back up a bit in ranking..I think it’s ranked at around 60, not page 1, but maybe some backlinking will help that.

The sites are still ranking in Yahoo/Bing though and bringing in some good money off of that alone.

BTW, recently I’ve been putting a bunch of my sites into Market Samurai for all their keywords in order to see how they’re ranking. I’ve noticed that probably 85% of the sites are NOT ranking in the top 100 for Google at all for their main keywords. Despite this, the majority do still rank on page 1 in Yahoo and Bing.

It seems that at some point in the last few months, Google has done a crack down on exact match domains. The good news is they’re still indexed though, so maybe I can get some of them back up and ranking with some backlinking work.

Comment pages