Home > Daily Progress Report > Day 22 – Almost Done

Day 22 – Almost Done

I thought I’d get around to finishing off all the niche sites today but didn’t turn out that way…there were still some issues with my hosting early in the day which made it hard to create sites, but I still managed to get 2 sites done which means I have 1 more to create before I start building backlinks for all of them with UAW.Β  I think after this, I won’t be creating any more sites in this niche, I’ve got 35 sites in it as it is, I’m going to branch out more…

In other news, a couple of the sniper sites that I had created previously were indexed on Google today so I went ahead and posted up the final review pages for those…I’ve now got 2 more I’m waiting on being indexed, in addition to the 2 I made today.

As far as going into new niches for sniper sites, I’ve already found 3 possible niches to head into and found a handful of keywords…I have a good understanding of all niches so it shouldn’t be too difficult for me to write on them.

Today I managed to get over 300 hops again, 347 to be exact, but I didn’t land any sales..things should pick up tomorrow though…it seems like my income is going to be over $1000 for this month ($899 in CB Sales + $15 Market Health + $70 Adsense) this would be an improvement over the $795 total in April and $622 in March.

Earnings For Today:

• $3.66 in Adsense
  • Hops = 347

-Mike

Mail this postStumbleUpon It!
  1. May 27th, 2009 at 03:56 | #1

Outstanding to hit $1k this month! What is your short-term earning goal? Mine is $2k and it seems I am still far away but seeing your progress is exciting me!

2. Evita
    May 27th, 2009 at 07:45 | #2

Congrats on the $1000 month!
    Couple of questions…

You mentioned domains with a product in the name… I have a couple of those that I haven’t done anything with yet.

Some I scrapped, such as a couple of domains I got that has “budget rental car” in them…. think I would not get far with those, especially since I got denied by budget and would have to sell my visitor to one of their competitors πŸ™‚

But I got one for a baby stroller that get a fair amount of searches.(4400 exact) I may set that one up and see how it goes.

Would you share, possibly, your thoughts on using domains with a product name? And are these physical products?

For some reason I thought you were in Canada? Sounds like we have to travel a little farther to get to the great party you will host when you hit $10,000 per month πŸ˜‰

3. Evita
    May 27th, 2009 at 08:20 | #3

Sara,

You’ve got a great blog!

I really enjoyed and learned a lot from your data feed videos. Timely too, since that’s what I’m looking into right now.

Thanks!

Evita

4. Mikeman
    May 27th, 2009 at 11:31 | #4

Hey thanks Sara…when I started this I was hoping to hit at least 3k/month by the end of the year although it will take at least 4-5k/month for me to get by on my online income alone.

And ya, I know what you mean about it seeming far away, but it’s crazy what can happen in a short time if you find something that works.

Hey Evita, I can’t really say much about taking the exact domain of a product name as I just started doing that and have yet to see the outcome. I do know that George did it with “djkgoogleshadow”.

The ones that I registered were not for physical products, but electronic e-books. I took it as an experiment to try it out and see what happens.

Hahha, and ya, I’m in Toronto Canada, it’s pretty close to Buffalo NY. 10k/month is definitely my long term goal, once I hit that I’ll be able to relax!

5. May 27th, 2009 at 12:15 | #5

Wow, you are really cooking along! I don’t know how you do it all.

6. May 27th, 2009 at 14:59 | #6

I would really love to see some of your sniper sites πŸ™‚
    Can’t really get this to work

But anyway.. really hope you’ll make the 1000 mark this month…

7. Shelly
    May 27th, 2009 at 15:55 | #7

Awesome news Mike!

8. Mikeman
    May 27th, 2009 at 16:44 | #8

Hey Carrie, thanks…I know it wasn’t a question but if there is any part of what I’m doing you’re wondering about, I can talk about it more…

Hey Hjalte, I would, but the problem with posting my sites up publicly is it opens it up for others to go in and compete with me. Granted most people won’t do that, but I’d rather not leave myself open to that possibility..

It’s really easy for someone to basically find out where all of your sites are. All they need to do is look through your backlinks, find your bookmarking backlinks, then with your bookmarking profile, follow that out to all your other sites bookmarked through that same account. There are other sneaky ways as well, that’s just 1 :>

Thanks Shelly…BTW, I noticed you sneakily changed your hairstyle

9. May 27th, 2009 at 20:54 | #9

@Mikeman
    Thanks Mike, that is sweet.

I think my issue is mainly a lack of time and maybe focus. I’m impressed at how many sites you an get knocked out.

10. May 27th, 2009 at 20:55 | #10

Uh yeah, and I think you are better at keyword selection πŸ™‚

11. Mikeman
    May 27th, 2009 at 23:22 | #11

@Carrie

Carrie, if I can help out while I’m learning, it’s better that I do that then keep everything to myself. That was one of my intentions when creating this site.

I think you realize that the truth of the situation is it’s a matter of focus as you say..if we ever use the old time excuse, we are only lying to ourselves…the real culprit is desire to change, as with enough desire to change we find time.

So the first thing is to have a strong enough desire to change, but the second thing which you should make sure you have is accountability. By setting up this website, and logging my results on a daily basis, I have made myself accountable to everyone who may be following along…This has helped me many times get work done when I didn’t want to do anything.

If you think way back to the times when you were at school and working towards getting some paper done to meet a deadline, that is the feeling I get on a daily basis at the end of each day when it’s time to get the work done…I do not go to bed unless I’ve got what I planned to do done.

If you ever break this chain, it then becomes real easy to stop working and delay work for another time, that is why it’s critical you set up the habit of doing this on a daily basis and build momentum. Once this system of accountability is up and running, it’s not easy to work against it.

And as far as keyword selection, I basically have been doing what George explained in his Google Sniper guide…apart from that, everything else I learned came from experience.

The more websites you create, and then analyze after their creation, the better you will become at judging competition and finding the good keywords.

Your ability at picking out good keywords really is a matter of experience..

-Mike

12. May 28th, 2009 at 01:48 | #12

@Evita
    Aww, I’m glad my blog has been a little informative. πŸ™‚

Mike, I’m hoping to get back to more sniper sites once my dragon naturally speaking arrives. Especially after seeing this post, I am more convinced than ever that these sites have some real staying power.

I also think its fantasic that you have a fanbase. πŸ˜‰ You have new followers that are non-TNB members. haha awesome!

13. Mikeman
    May 28th, 2009 at 02:49 | #13

@Sara

Haha, the more the merrier!

I’m curious what it was about this post in particular that made you realize sniper sites have staying power..the consistently high hops?

14. May 28th, 2009 at 12:48 | #14

Yea, your high hops has made me see first hand that new sniper sites can do well. Mine were quick to rise to page 1 but quick to get sandboxed.

One of them has finally stabilized on page 1 and the other is still bumping positions on page 2 but hasn’t fallen any lower than page 2 at least. Of course neither are promoting clickbank products so the sales are like 0 right now.

I think I just picked bad niches. πŸ™

15. Mikeman
    May 28th, 2009 at 15:23 | #15

@Sara

It’s probably not the most optimal keyword, not necessarily a bad niche…the best you can do is just build backlinks to it and give it time.

The more sniper sites you put up, the less you’ll be worried about small things like where your individual sites are ranking..I mean, you will check it at least once or twice, but after that, you won’t have the time to keep tabs on them all.

I know I do have a handful of sites that aren’t ranking well or at all, but I don’t worry about it, because the vast majority of my sites do rank and rank well and bring in plenty of hops.

As long as I see my hops continue to go up and my hop tracking id’s popping up for my newly created sites, that’s all that matters to me. After that I just rely on the UAW run on my site as well as time to bring my sites further up.

16. May 28th, 2009 at 20:48 | #16

You can check your rankings very easily with the Firefox plugin from SEO book πŸ™‚

17. May 29th, 2009 at 00:18 | #17

@Mikeman
    Yea, that’s sound advice to forget about niche sites that are done and continue building more.

I should finish building the back links on them and forget about them. They each have about 5 good posts and about 3 articles in ezine pointing at them. I went back and slapped some adsense on them since the clickbank products have a very low gravity and neither site has sold a product yet. I figure, even if I can squeeze some adsense out of them, it will be fine.

18. M.K.
    October 16th, 2009 at 23:41 | #18

Maybe I’m a bit dense but I swear it’s impossible to get to your very first post. lol Seriously, I’m new here and I’m trying to find out what you’re talking about on sniper sites so I thought I’d go to the beginning. uggg! Anyways, love what I’m seeing so far…obviously you’re a work horse, no doubt. An inspiration, too!

Just wanted to say that.

Ciao

19. Mikeman
    October 17th, 2009 at 00:00 | #19

@M.K.

haha, thanks bud…just go to the homepage, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you’ll see the navigation….just click on “Last >>”

1. No trackbacks yet.